The Ottawa Hospital Auxiliary (TOHA) is an incredible group of The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) volunteers dedicated to in-hospital fundraising to support essential hospital services and programs across all 3 campuses, as well as volunteer throughout the hospital.
In July of 2021, the Civic Campus Auxiliary (est. 1952), the Friends of the General (est. 1980), and the Riverside Campus Auxiliary (est. in 1967) amalgamated to create TOHA.
For more than 50 years, the three individual auxiliaries shared a common purpose: to generate funds within the hospital to meet practical needs. Then in 2021, they amalgamated into a single “boots-on-the-ground” organization that is stronger and more efficient than ever. This merger has reinvigorated their desire to react and respond and provide for the needs of the hospital and its patients.
Since 2011, the three auxiliaries have donated over $13,000,000 to TOH through the purchase of large pieces of medical equipment, general equipment, patient support services including the clothing cupboard and food gift cards for discharged patients, as well as bursaries for education for our incredible nursing staff and research programs.
TOHA raises funds by operating various hospital gift shops which are run by TOHA employees and volunteers, as well as the breast pump rental program, book and art sales and other innovative fundraising opportunities within the hospital campuses.
To support The Ottawa Hospital in the delivery of world class health care to our community through innovative fund-raising initiatives and by supporting essential patient services, the acquisition of vital equipment, education and research programs.
To make a positive difference to The Ottawa Hospital patients and the broader hospital community.